Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Las Vegas!!!


Well, this past week was Spring Break. It seemed as if Break would never come but it finally did, and it ended up being a great week! It started off just like any other weekend with a volleyball tournament on Saturday (where we did amazing). Then Monday I slept in and spent the day with my parents and packed. I also went to my old school where I saw some of my friends who I haven't seen in a long time. Later on that day, I went to practice and then spent the night over my friend Sarah's house.

The next day Sarah, Sarah's mom (Mrs. Printy) and I jumped into our "little space rocket" rental car and were on our way to Las Vegas! It was a LONG drive but we made it fun, listening and singing our hearts out to N'Sync and making a video for our friend Hayley of Sarah and me singing Hannah Montana. It was great! haha. When we finally arrived in Vegas, we checked into our room at the Monte Carlo and then went to lunch at Cafe Bellagio. It was delicious. After lunch, we looked around the Bellagio lobby which was decorated with colorful flowers for spring. We then wandered over to see the Bellagio water show. At first we weren't sure it would happen since it was so windy, but it did. After that, we walked around all the rest of the hotels and shopped. Later that night after resting for awhile, we went back to the Bellagio to see the water show at night, but couldn't because it was WAY too windy.

On Tuesday, we slept in and then went to the Palace Station for breakfast. After breakfast, we went back to our hotel and went swimming. At the Monte Carlo there are five pools. There is one regular, one jacuzzi, a waiting pool, a lazy river and (Sarah's and my favorite) a wave pool. The pools were FREEZING!!! The wind was blowing like crazy, but it was still fun. After we couldn't take it any more, we left and went to dinner at Arizona Charlies, which was a little random local casino off the strip. We had the most fun table in the whole restaurant. We were right by the kitchen and so every time a waiter or waitress walked by us they would talk to themselves. It was hilarious! And then we also had the Keno lady who walked around the whole restaurant every five minutes yelling, "KENO, KENO." It made me laugh every time. :) After dinner, we went to the Venetian and saw "Phantom." It was good. I have seen "Phantom of The Opera" on Broadway and have seen the movie many times. It wasn't as good as those other two shows. I thought it wasn't as good because I couldn't get past the mannequins who randomly showed up on stage and also the chandelier didn't fall! I thought that was weird--the chandelier has to fall! After the show, we looked around the Venetian and tried to see the water show again but it still was too windy.

Wednesday was our last day so all we did was have breakfast and then left for home. It was a really fun trip and I am so glad I got to go! :) Thank you Sarah!

1 comment:

sclark91 said...

What a great experience to go with your great friend Sarah. That was so nice of them to invite you along.